Where: in person at the Centre de Suport Territorial Pirineus (CSTP). Passeig de Pompeu Fabra, 21, Tremp & online via streaming
When: 21 October 2021 17:30h-19h
The aim of this event is to present the tools implemented in the framework of four cross-border projects (Spain, France, Andorra) and to discuss different aspects related to the integration of the results, both from the technical and management points of view, and dissemination and coordination with end users. The event is aimed at representatives of the services involved in the management of geological risks in the Pyrenees and in the exploration of energy resources, as well as companies and institutions interested in the development of geothermal energy in the region, and also the general public and the media.
The four projects are:
POCRISC (For a Common Seismic Risk Culture): Seismic risk prevention and seismic emergency management support tools. Led by the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC) Link to the POCRISC project website
PIXIL (Pyrénées Imaging eXperience : an international network): State-of-the-art multidisciplinary tools (geophysics-geology-supercomputing) for subsurface analysis for geothermal exploration. Led by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) Link to the PIXIL project website
MOMPA (Monitoring of Ground Movements and Action Protocols): Monitoring of ground deformations related to geological hazards. Led by the Telecommunications Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTTI) Link to the MOMPA project website
PYRMOVE (Prevention and cross-border management of the risk associated with landslides): Prevention and management of landslide risk. Led by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) Link to PYRMOVE project website
The registration form will remain open until 21 October. Those interested in following the event online will receive the link in the days before. Those interested in attending in person will receive an email confirming that they can attend. Please note that the face-to-face event will be subject to the limitations set by the health authorities due to the pandemic and those of the room itself. In the case that the event has to be cancelled, the ICGC will not be responsible for any possible expenses incurred by those registered.
Presenter of the event: Sara Figueras, Head of Geophysics at the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC).
- 17:30h - 17:40h: Welcome by Jaume Massó, Director of the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC)
- 17:40h - 18:10h: Experiences of cross-border projects in the Pyrenees: PIXIL, POCRISC, MOMPA i PYRMOVE
- Pilar Queralt, Professor of Physics of the Earth at the University of Barcelona and partner of the PIXIL project
- Janira Irizarry, Senior Technician at the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya and coordinator of POCRISC project
- Michele Crosetto, Head of the Geomatics Division of the CTTC and coordinator of the MOMPA project
- José Moya, Professor at the School of Civil Engineering (ETSECCPB) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and executive secretary of the PYRMOVE project
- 18:10h - 18:50h: Round table discussion
Moderator: Josep de la Puente, Geoscience Applications Group Manager at the CASE Department of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center and coordinator of the PIXIL project.
- Rosa Mata, Head of the Logistics and Territorial Operational Service of the Directorate General for Civil Defence
- Marta González, Head of the Geological Hazards Information System of the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (Catalonia Cartographic and Geological Institute)
- Albert Pujadas, Manager of QUALI Geotermia
- Salvador Samitier, Head of the Catalan Office of Climate Change
- Eva Garcia, Coordinator of the Observatori Pirinenc del Canvi Climàtic (OPCC), partner of the PHUSICOS project
+ questions from the audience
- 18:50h - 19h: Conclusions and closing by Sara Figueras, Head of the Geophysics Area of the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya and Rosa Amorós, Secretary of the Comunitat de Treball del Pirineu.
- 19h: End of the event. Coffee-break, presentation of posters and audiovisual resources.
Simultaneous translation Spanish <-> French